The Town of Rolesville issues building and trade permits through Wake County’s permit portal. Wake County inspectors conduct plan reviews and inspections.
Per Town Code, hours of operation for construction activities are limited to Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. and Saturday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Report violations to the Town of Rolesville Police Department at 919-556-7226.
New construction, additions, alterations, attachments, and demolitions require building permits.
Exceptions can include:
Non-structural work costing less than $15,000 for single-family residences
Residential accessory structures where no dimension exceeds twelve feet
Replacement of windows, doors, and exterior siding in residential structures
Replacement of railings and decking of residential porches and decks
Trade permits cover the electrical, mechanical, and plumbing work. This includes installing, replacing, relocating, or repairing appliances, materials, or equipment. Licensed contractors are required except when qualifying homeowners complete the work. Homeowners may choose to complete their own projects if they own the land and will occupy the structure.
- Review instructions and guides.
- Register for an account.
- Complete all supplemental materials for the application. Visit our Forms page for downloads.
- Apply online.
- Check for an email with payment instructions.
- Pay Wake County fees through the permit portal.
- Remit any Town of Rolesville fees (cash or check only) and City of Raleigh utility fees to our office at 502 Southtown Cir., Rolesville, NC 27571.
- Allow 24 hours for the permit to appear as an attachment on the permit portal.
- Print the permit and stamped building plans and post on the permit site.