Reserve at Mitchell Mill (fka 5109 Mitchell Mill)
*All application reviews subject to the Land Development Ordinance (LDO).
**Circa August 2023, the project was renamed to 'Reserve at Mitchell Mill' from '5109 Mitchell Mill'.
ANX 22-03 - APPROVED - 2023-01-17 - Voluntary Annexation petition for 139.054 acres from Wake County jurisdiction into the Town limits. 1st Submittal reviewed during MARCH 2022; Comments published 04/05/2022. On 06/07/22, the Town Board asked the Town Clerk to investigate the sufficiency of the petition. On 10/04/22, the Town Board called for a public hearing to occur on 11/01/2022. On 11/01/2022, the Town Board conducted a public hearing and considered the annexation petition; the public hearing was continued until January 17, 2023. On January 17, 2023, the Town Board continued and then closed the public hearing, and on a motion to Approve ANX 22-03, voted 4-0-1 (Sneed absent).
MA 22-06 - APPROVED - 2023-01-17 - Map Amendment (Rezoning) for 139.054 acres from Wake County R-30 District to ~86 acres of Residential Medium Density-Conditional Zoning (RM-CZ) District and ~55 acres of Neighborhood Center-Conditional Zoning District (NC-CZ), with proposed Conditions of Approval and a Concept Plan. Maximum dwelling units shall not exceed 395, with no more than 134 being Single-family Attached (Townhome) dwellings. A minimum of 50,000 square feet of non-residential development shall be permitted prior to permitting the 198th dwelling unit.
On January 17, 2023, the Town Board of Commissioners continued the Public Hearing opened on November 1, 2022; Staff and Applicant presentations were made, which included detailing the revised proposed Conditions of Approval; several members of the public made public comments; Board members asked question of the Applicant, and several conditions were agreed to be revised/changed; the public hearing was closed. On a motion to Approve MA 22-06 as presented (including condition revisions per the conversation), the Board voted 4-0-1 (Sneed absent). The Board also made a motion to Approve a Consistency Statement, and voted 4-0-1 (Sneed absent).
PSP-23-03 - Preliminary Subdivision Plat - Subdivision of 146.15 acres; V1 Submittal proposes 385 residential lots (266 Single-family Detached (SFD) lots / 116 Single-family Attached (TH) lots); V2 Submittal proposes 379 residential Lots (269 Single-family Detached (SFD) lots and 110 Single-family Attached (TH) lots. Non-residential use lots, open space lots, and associated right-of-way dedications are also included.
- 1st Submittal rcvd 08-01-2023; on TRC-STAFF review during AUGUST 2023; comments published on 09-10-2023.
- 2nd Submittal rcvd 12-05-2023; on TRC-STAFF review during DECEMBER 2023; comments to be published on or before 01-08-2024.
- V1 - Application for Preliminary Plat
- V1 - Property Owner Consent Form (Bright)
- V1 - Property Owner Consent Form (Fowler)
- V1 - Property Owner Consent Form (Wheeler)
- V1 - Tree Survey Report dated 07-31-2023
- V1 - Preliminary Plat dated 08-01-2023
- V1 - Comments-SUMMARY - READ FIRST
- V1 - Comments-PLANNING - WithersRavenel Written Memo
- V1 - Comments-PLANNING - WithersRavenel Mark-ups
- V1 - Comments-ENGINEERING - BoltonMenk Written Memo
- V1 - Comments-ENGINEERING - BoltonMenk Mark-ups on PSP
- V1 - Comments-COR-PUD - Mark-ups
- V1 - Comments-NCDOT Congestion Mgmt TIA Report
- V2 - Response to V1 Comment Summary (All) Comments
- V2 - Response to V1 Planning Memo comments
- V2 - NCDEQ Buffer Determination Ltr dated 07-26-2022
- V2 - Open Space calculations
- V2 - SIA Preliminary Report (no date)
- V2 - Topographic Survey 10 sheets
- V2 - Wetland Sketch Map (USACE)
- V2 - Preliminary Plat 57 Sheets rvsd dated 12-05-2023
The developer/applicant for Map Amendment (Rezoning) application MA 22-06 will conduct another Neighborhood Meeting on December 8th, 2022 at 6:00 PM via the ZOOM online meeting platform. The Applicant mailed letters to adjacent property owners. Below is the information for the meeting provided by the Applicant:
The Meeting ID is 899 9906 4775
The passcode is 133058.
*Alternatively, access via telephone to United States: 1-646-931-3860 and entering Meeting ID: 899 9906 4775 # and entering the Passcode 133058 # when prompted to do so.
Application contact is Beth Trahos with Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP - 919.329.3884 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map Amendment (Rezoning) MA 22-06 will be presented to the Town Board of Commissioners for a Public Hearing and consideration beginning at 7:00PM at Town Hall. Find more information here: https://www.rolesvillenc.gov/agendas-minutes - select Town Board, then find the 11/01/2022 Agenda and Agenda packet links.
Map Amendment (Rezoning) MA 22-06 will be presented to the Planning Board for review and recommendation beginning at 6:00PM at Town Hall. Find more information here: https://www.rolesvillenc.gov/agendas-minutes - select Planning Board, then find the 09/26/2022 Agenda and Agenda packet links.
The applicant and developer, Hopper Communities, will hold an online ZOOM Neighborhood Meeting on June 20th, 2022 at 6pm - see the link and access information below. MA 22-06 proposes to rezone approximately 140 acres for development of up to 398 single-family dwelling units (a maximum of 134 of the 398 units may be townhomes) with associated public streets, open spaces, and recreational amenities.
- The Meeting ID is 872 7589 3223.
- The passcode is 150583.
- Alternatively, you can also dial in: 1-646-558-8656 / enter Meeting ID: 87275893223# / enter Passcode 150583# when
prompted to do so.
- Contact person: Beth Trahos - 919.329.3884 / email@example.com