The links listed below have been noted by the Police Department as resources that may be helpful to the community:
Automobile Safety, Laws, and Regulations
- Governor's Highway Safety Program Promotes efforts to reduce traffic crashes in NC and promotes highway safety awareness.
- NC Divison of Motor Vehicles Obtain or renew a license, renew registration, and more.
- Buckle Up NC Seat belt and child restraint laws.
- Court Date Calendars Search by case number, party name, and more.
- NC Judicial Branch-Wake County Court services and information.
Mental & Physical Health and Special Needs Support
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Resources Offers addiction and substance abuse services, mental health services, and information about treatment centers.
- Project Life Saver Rapid response program that locates people with cognitive impairments who wander away from their caregivers.
- 988 Lifeline National network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24/7.
- Coalition for Children/Safe Child Works to increase child safety and prevent child abuse, bullying, and interpersonal violence.
Miscellaneous Government Services
- Wake County Concealed Carry Handgun Permits Walks you through the process of obtaining a concealed carry permit.
- Fingerprinting Services Provides fingerprinting services.
- Wake County Animal Control Responds to requests for service in our area.
- Wake County Government General website for the county.
- Wake County Sheriff's Office Providing professional law enforcement, judicial, and detention services.
- Wake County Health & Human Services Provides social services and healthcare.
- NC Sex Offender & Public Protection Registry Available for the purposes of protecting the public and keeping them informed.
Victim Support & Resources
- InterAct of Wake County Provider of domestic violence and sexual assault services.
- Wake County Victim Services/Domestic Violence Unit Responsible for processing and serving domestic violence protective orders and restraining orders.
- NC Statewide Automated Victim Assistance and Notification (NC SAVAN) Criminal justice information-sharing system that supports automated victim notification.
- NC Victim Assistance Network Supporting the rights and well-being of surviving loved ones of homicide and violent crime.
- National Center for Victims of Crime Dedicated to serving individuals, families, and communities harmed by crime.
- NC Dept. of Public Safety Victim Compensation Services Provides financial assistance that helps victims regain their lives and their financial stability.
- Printable Victim's Resources brochure.