Rolesville Food Security
In March of 2019, the Town of Rolesville Board of Commissioners endorsed Wake County’s Comprehensive Food Security Plan. The vision of the Food Security Plan is to have a food secure Wake County, where ALL people have physical, social, and economic access to safe, nutritious, culturally appropriate, and affordable food.
Northern Community Food Security Team
The Northern Community Food Security Team (NCFST) was created to develop and launch a viable food security plan for northern Wake County that aligns with the Capital Area Food Network (CAFN) plan. NCFST works to help the community members, food security organizations, resource experts, and other stakeholders to develop activities, policies, and partnerships that will move the county towards food security and a sustainable food future.
- Ensure Food Access
- Communicate and Educate
- Develop a Sustainable Food Supply
- Build Economic Opportunities
- Lead Through Networks
- Kristen Stafford
Town of Rolesville Special Event Coordinator
- Valerie Massengill
Rolesville Food Security Team
- Andrew Brown, Jr.
Wake Forest Customer Service & Outreach Manager
Chair of NCFST
- Ross Yeager
Northern Regional Center Director
- Sydney Klein
Food Security Program Manager
NC Cooperative Extension
Capital Area Food Network
2022 NCFST Quarterly Meetings
The NCFST will host virtual meetings on the following Tuesdays from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm. All are welcome to attend. Please email for the link.
March 15, 2022
June 14, 2022
September 13, 2022
December 13, 2022
Volunteers are needed for a variety of activities and initiatives. Fill out this online form to become a volunteer.
Past Event Highlights
Holiday Ham Giveaway 2021
- NCFST collected $3,160 in donations.
- Thank You for Donating
- Village Church Rolesville, Osborne Chiropractic Clinic, Rhymes & Reasons Daycare, Crossfit Rolesville, Edward Jones - Financial Advisor: Valerie Massengill, Be Like Missy, Local Charm, Justin Thigpen - State Farm Agen, The Law Office of Micheal Paul, Kruse Chiropractic, and Terry Simmons CPA.
- 160 Hams and non-perishable food kits were given out
- Thank You for Donating
Turkey Drive 2021
Turkey Drive 2020
- Northern Community Food Security Team, Wake Forest - https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/citizen-engagement/get-involved/northern-community-food-security-team
- Wake County: http://www.wakegov.com/covid19/Pages/food.aspx
- Capital Area Food Network: https://www.capitalareafoodnetwork.org/
- NC Cooperative Extension: https://www.ces.ncsu.edu/
Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
Fill in the form with your contact and shipping information to order your tests.
- Find Free, Appealing, Nutritious Summer Meals for Children 18 and Younger
- Do you need help finding food for your child? To find the sites nearest you: Text FOODNC to 304-304 and provide your full address, zip code or city.
- Parents can also call 2-1-1 to speak with an operator who will help them locate meal sites in their community. The 2-1-1 service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Services are provided in English, Spanish, and many other languages.
- Call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842-6273) (Spanish) to find summer meals.