The Rolesville Police Department has an ongoing effort to seek out qualified candidates desiring a law enforcement career with a small, professional organization.
The following is a general progression of the application process:
- Listing of position on the Town’s employment page
- Submission of employment application and North Carolina Training and Standards Law Enforcement Personal History Statement (F-3)
- Pre-screening of applications for disqualifying offenses or conduct
- Entry level written examination
- Oral panel interview
- Comprehensive background investigation
- Conditional offer extended
- Physical examination, psychological fitness testing, and drug screening
- Firearms qualification
- Final offer of employment
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
All applicants must be a high school graduate or have successfully completed a General Education Development (GED) program. Applicants with university or college degrees are strongly preferred.
All applicants must possess a valid law enforcement certification from the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission or be enrolled in a North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) course in order to be considered for employment.
All officers employed by the Town of Rolesville must have the ability to respond to the Rolesville Police Department within sixty (60) minutes after notification of an emergency. Officers are also able to utilize the department’s take home patrol car program, provided they live within 15 miles of the Rolesville Police Department.
The Rolesville Police Department utilizes a career ladder program that offers pay raises for each advancement to a higher rank. Officers begin at the rank of Police Officer I and can advance through the ranks of Police Officer II, Master Police Officer, and Senior Police Officer, based upon increasing levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Officers with no prior experience are offered a salary of $42,484. Officers with significant experience, and/or specialized training or education will be offered a competitive salary which is reflective of their career experience.
- Participation in the North Carolina Local Governmental Employees Retirement System
- 5% employer contribution to 401K account
- Take home patrol car program
- Individually assigned patrol vehicles
- All uniforms and equipment supplied by the Town of Rolesville at no cost to the employee
- Tuition assistance program