Yard waste is collected on every other Monday town-wide.
Yard waste includes vegetative matter resulting from landscaping maintenance including but not limited to leaves, twigs, grass, limbs, hedge clippings, hay/pine straw, pinecones, and logs.
All yard waste MUST BE FREE of trash, bricks, rocks, and other refuse. Items that will not be collected include stumps, root balls, animal waste, wooden materials, and dirt.
All debris should be placed curbside no later than 7am on the day of collection.
Residents must place small yard debris in trash containers of up to 35-gallons in size. There is a limit of five (5) containers per residence, and each container cannot exceed 50 pounds. The Town does not provide the containers.
Yard waste placed in paper or plastic bags will not be collected.
Larger limbs and branches can be placed loose curbside. Any limbs placed loose must meet the following rules:
- All limbs must face a similar direction.
- Limbs less than six (6) inches in diameter must not be longer than six (6) feet.
- Limbs greater than six (6) inches in diameter must not be longer than two (2) feet.
- Logs must not be longer than one (1) foot.
- Piles of limbs must not exceed six (6) feet in height, ten (10) feet in length, and six (6) feet in depth.
The Town contracts with Allen's Tree Service to provide bi-weekly curbside yard waste collection. If you have an issue with your service, call Town Hall at 919-556-3506. This information is also included in our waste collection flyer, that can be printed out for your convenient reference at home.