Yard waste is collected every other Monday town wide. Waste must be curbside by 7:00am on the scheduled collection day. If your yard waste has not been collected by Wednesday of the pickup week, please call 919-556-3506 to report the missed pickup.
- Wood mulch and nuggets
- Grass and straw
- Limbs, twigs, branches, and logs (see specifics below)
- Hedge clippings
Small debris must be placed in 35-gallon barrels (not provided by the Town, but available at most hardware stores) and have a total weight of less than fifty (50) pounds per barrel. Up to five (5) barrels may be placed curbside per address each service day.
Guidelines for brush (branch/limb/log) piles:
- Brush piles must be placed curbside, within reach of the grapple truck
- Residents are allowed one brush pile per scheduled pickup date, not exceeding six (6) feet in height, six (6) feet in depth, and ten (10) feet in length
- Limbs must be facing the same direction
- Limbs six (6) inches or less in diameter may be up to six (6) feet in length
- Limbs larger than six (6) inches in diameter must be two (2) feet in length or less
- Logs must be cut into one (1) foot sections or smaller
These items are NOT accepted:
- Bricks, rocks, or concrete
- Trash (including construction waste)
- Stumps or root balls
- Dirt, clay, or topsoil
- Landscape timbers or edging
- Animal waste
Yard waste placed in bags will not be accepted.
The Town contracts with Allen's Tree Service to provide bi-weekly curbside yard waste collection. If you have an issue with your service, call Town Hall at 919-556-3506. This information is also included in our waste collection flyer, that can be printed out for your convenient reference at home.