Rolesville COVID-19 Update
Stay Safe and Stay Connected
Updated: January 14, 2021
The Town's adjustments due to COVID-19 precautions are listed below. We will continue to share information through updates to this website and through social media.
Changes to Town Services
- Town Hall. The Town Hall lobby is open to the public on a limited basis, from 8am-12pm and again from 2pm-5pm. The payment dropbox on the exterior of the building is open 24/7. Residents are encouraged to use the dropbox and to check Raleigh Water and Wake County Tax Administration for other methods of electronic payment. Face-to-face staff interactions are limited, so call ahead as needed. With the new lobby renovations, the side entrance to Parks and Recreation is permanently closed. Most building permits continue to be handled online; contact the Planning Department for assistance.
- Police Department. The Police Department lobby is open to the public on a limited basis, from 8am-12pm and again from 2pm-5pm. The medicine dropbox is available in the lobby. Citizens are encouraged to continue reporting non-emergency incidents through the online reporting service. As they have throughout the COVID-19 response, the Police Department maintains the necessary staffing levels to safeguard the well-being of the community. If you have an emergency, please call 911.
- Parks and Greenways. Public spaces such as parks and greenways remain open to the public. Playgrounds and restrooms are open. Use of the parks must adhere to social distancing requirements. Facility rentals are cancelled until further notice.
- Programs and Events. Spring outdoor youth athletics are being planned, with safety procedures in place. Select parks and recreation programs, classes, and special events are currently being offered, registration is required for all programs. The Town also offers virtual programming.
- Public Meetings. Public meetings of the governing board continue to occur. While public meetings will remain physically closed to the public, Town staff have made arrangements to accommodate in-person participation in public hearings and some limited on-site telecast options. Public meetings are broadcast live through the Town's YouTube channel.
- Small Business Resources. The Town is working with Wake County Economic Development and the Rolesville Chamber of Commerce to share the resources available to assist small businesses at this time. Available resources are listed on a special COVID-19 Resources for Businesses web page.
- Utility Assistance. Some local residents may be struggling to pay their utility bills during these difficult economic times. Several programs are available to provide emergency assistance funds for utility customers during a crisis. Check out the following links to learn more about these programs and their eligibility requirements:
- City of Raleigh lists several programs for utility, rent, and mortgage assistance
- Raleigh Water at 919-996-3245 for water/wastewater bill Customer Care (disconnects for unpaid accounts will resume February 2021)
- For water/wastewater bill assistance:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 919-996-3333
- For water/wastewater bill assistance:
- Duke Energy Progress at 866-582-6345 for electric bills
- Wake Electric at 919-863-6300 for electric bills
- Wake County Human Services at 919-212-700 for energy assistance programs (heating & cooling)
- Food Security. The Town is supporting the community's Food Security programs to assist local citizens in need. Some of our neighbors are struggling during this extraordinary time of hardship. There are several opportunities for all of us to come together and support one another.
Wake County Public Health (WCPH) is partnering with local healthcare providers to provide vaccinations against COVID-19. Each healthcare partner is making their own decisions about how and when they begin vaccinating eligible patients (following NC DHHS Guidelines). Below are links to each respective partner's webpage about their vaccination processes:
- Wake County Public Health - vaccinations begin January 19th
- UNC Health
- Duke Raleigh Hospital
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals
Those with additional questions about the process and/or vaccine may call WCPH at 919-250-1500 or e-mail questions to email@example.com. Please note that, at this time, you must make an appointment to receive the vaccine and no walk-ins will be accepted.
Community health and safety is a top priority for the Town of Rolesville. Town leadership is in close communication with Wake County and State officials and will follow their lead in minimizing the risk of spreading the virus. For the most up to date information on COVID-19 in Wake County, visit the Wake County COVID-19 webpage. You can also learn how Wake County uses data to make decisions.
We are here to help. The Town will continue to provide essential services to all citizens. Employees are still providing services while we limit direct public interaction and practice social distancing. We are in this together. With everyone doing their part, we can slow the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the severity of risk to everyone in our community.