Rolesville COVID-19 Update
Stay Home, Stay Safe, and Stay Connected
Updated: March 30, 2020
Community health and safety is a top priority for the Town of Rolesville. Town leadership is in close communication with Wake County and State officials and will follow their lead in minimizing the risk of spreading the virus. For the most up to date information on COVID-19 in Wake County, visit the Wake County COVID-19 webpage. You can also learn how Wake County uses data to make decisions.
We are in this together. With everyone doing their part, we can slow the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the severity of risk to everyone in our community.
We are here to help. The Town will continue to provide essential services to all citizens. Employees are still providing services while we limit direct public interaction and practice social distancing.
Changes to Town Services
Our response to the COVID-19 virus will require changes in how we serve the community. We'll continue to share what we know through updates to this website and through social media. To do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19, we have made the following changes:
- Town Hall. The Town Hall facility has closed to the public. Staff are available only by phone and email. Check for alternate methods of payment listed on your water and tax bills. Building permits are being handled online only.
- Police Department. The Police Department lobby is closed to the public. Citizens can report non-emergency incidents through the online reporting service. The Police Department will maintain the necessary staffing levels to safeguard the well-being of the community. If you have an emergency, please call 911.
- Parks and Greenways. These public spaces continue to be open to the public. Use of the parks must adhere to social distancing requirements. All playgrounds and restrooms are closed. All Town facility rentals scheduled through April 16 are cancelled, and no additional reservations are being taken for that time period.
- Programs and Events. The Town has suspended athletics practices and games until April 16. We do not support coach or parent led training sessions during the suspension period. All parks and recreation programs and classes are cancelled until April 16. The Town has cancelled all special events through April 30.
- Public Meetings. Public meetings through April 20 are cancelled.
- Small Business Resources. The Town is working with Wake County Economic Development and the Rolesville Chamber of Commerce to share the resources available to assist small businesses at this time. Available resources are listed on a special COVID-19 Resources for Businesses web page.
- Food Security. We are supporting the community's Food Security programs to assist local citizens in need.