Community Transportation Plan
What are the most important transportation issues facing Rolesville? Please take this survey to let us know what you think about the roads, bike paths and sidewalks in Rolesville. We'd love to hear from you!
The Town of Rolesville is excited to partner with Polco to provide a platform for resident engagement. We believe the Polco platform will be valuable for several reasons:
- It provides a fast way for residents to learn about specific issues and give their input.
- It allows the Town to reach out to residents through different communication channels (social media, email, websites, etc.) while gathering resident responses in one central location.
- It keeps individual opinions anonymous, while allowing Town staff to see broad demographic and geographic breakdowns.
- Your privacy is guaranteed and your information will never be released to a third party
We hope that by providing this quick and simple input process we will hear from more people in our community and from people of varied backgrounds, who have different experiences and interests. Getting input from a wide array of residents will help us ensure that we understand the values of our community members. And it will let us be sure that we are representing our neighbors in the large and small decisions we make about programs, policies and strategic plans.
Sign up here at www.polco.us/rolesvillenc to join the conversation.
Some of the topics that the Town will be asking about are the Transit Study, the Community Transportation Plan, and the rewrite of the Town Code. The Town will also be posting about this on Facebook and Twitter. Please share those messages with your friends and family, to ensure participation by a wide variety of residents. Be sure your voice is heard.
Once you have answered the questions, you will be asked to provide your name and ZIP code to confirm where you live. This lets us be sure we are hearing from each person only once and lets us know which general area of the city respondents live in. Your responses will remain anonymous to the Town, and your information will be securely stored on Polco.
We hope you will choose to provide an email address to Polco, so we can contact you occasionally with new questions. Your email will be used only for questions from the Town of Rolesville seeking your feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What does Polco do with my personal information (name, email and ZIP code)? Why am I asked for it? Why do I have to create an account?
- Polco uses your name and ZIP code to verify your residency against publicly available voter information in your state. With verified respondents, we can reduce the risk of one person answering many times. By entering your email address, you can create an account and find out when we post a new question on Polco.
2. What is Polco? Why isn’t this polling done by the local government?
- Polco is a private company that helps residents give input to their local governments to better inform policy decisions. Using Polco saves the local government money by replacing older, more expensive methods of getting input. It saves staff from having to build and maintain online engagement tools or manage multiple input channels. The app and the website let a broader range of people give public input, and they protect respondents’ privacy. Your personal information is never shared with anyone, not even your local government.
3. Why am I receiving weekly emails?
- If we have posted a question on Polco within the past 30 days and you have not answered it, you will receive a weekly email. You can opt out of these emails at any time.
4. I no longer want to receive emails. How do I stop them from coming?
- At the bottom of each email is a link to stop receiving messages. Simply click the link and follow the instructions to unsubscribe.
5. I’m a registered voter. Why am I not verified?
- Sometimes Polco isn’t able to match personal information against the voter file. This is generally because of a recent change of address (the public file updates quarterly) or spelling inconsistencies (for example, Mike versus Michael). If you think you should be on the voter list and are not matched, contact us at email@example.com.
6. Why did I receive a question from groups that aren’t my municipal or county government?
- Polco helps build and sustain a healthy dialogue about public policy in our communities. While most questions posted on Polco are from local governments and elected officials, a few other agencies might also use Polco: news organizations, school or special districts, universities and nonprofits. If your city overlaps boundaries with any of these entities, you can choose to subscribe to get their questions too. You will not receive those questions without your consent.