1216 Rolesville Road
** ALL DEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED UNDER THE LAND DEVELOPMENT ORDINANCE (LDO).
1216 Rolesville Road [PIN 1768337689] is an approximately 12 acre tract on the west/south side of Rolesville Road immediately south of the development known as 'The Point'.
ANX-23-02 - Voluntary Annexation Petition to voluntary annex PIN 1768337689 in conjunction with the associated Rezoning Map Amendment request.
- Initial submittal received April 3, 2023.
- April 24, 2023 - Planning Board recommended Approval to the Town Board of Commissioners.
- May 2, 2023 - the Town Board of Commissioners approved Consent Agenda Item B.3. and directed the Town Clerk to "investigate sufficiency' of the petition per G.S. 160-A-31(c).
- June 6, 2023 - the Town Board of Commissioners approved Consent Agenda item B.3. to 'call for a public hearing" of ANX-23-02 to be held July 6, 2023.
- July 6, 2023 - The Town Board of Commissioners voted to move ANX-23-02 to the August 1, 2023 agenda to conduct a Public Hearing and review the application.
- On August 1, 2023, the Town Board of Commissioners voted unanimously (5-0) to move ANX-23-02 to the November 8, 2023 to conduct a Public Hearing and consider the Voluntary Annexation petition.
MA 22-05 - Map Amendment (Rezoning) application for subject property from the RL (Residential Low Density) District to the Land Development Ordinance (LDO) Neighborhood Center mixed use District, as a Conditional Zoning District - NC-CZ . The Concept Plan demonstrates a proposal for 68 Townhome dwelling units and 30,000 SF of unspecified non-residential space.
- The 1st Submittal reviewed during March 2022; Comments published 04/05/2022.
- The 2nd Submittal reviewed during May 2022; Comments to be published by or on 06/06/2022.
- Neighborhood Meeting held June 6, 2022 - there were No Attendees.
- Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) underway in January 2023; Draft Report prepared Dated February 2023; under review by NC DOT in late February.
- 3rd Submittal reviewed during MARCH 2023; Comments published 04/06/2023.
- Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) final review complete by NC DOT Congestion Management 03-21-2023.
- 4th Submittal received April 17, 2023.
- April 24, 2023 - Planning Board recommended Approval to the Town Board of Commissioners, with the 2 additional Conditions of Approval read into the record by the Applicant (see Minutes).
- May 16, 2023 - Applicant conducted a Neighborhood Meeting; 26 property owners were sent Letters; there were No Attendees.
- July 6, 2023 - The Town Board of Commissioners voted to move MA 22-05 to the August 1, 2023 agenda to conduct a Public Hearing and review the application.
- On August 1, 2023, the Town Board of Commissioners voted unanimously (5-0) to move MA 22-05 to the November 8, 2023 to conduct a Public Hearing and consider the Rezoning request.
- Applicant has scheduled a Neighborhood Meeting on Monday, August 14th at 5:00 PM to be held at the subject property, 1216 Rolesville Road.
- V1 - Application
- V1 - NC District Sketch Plan
- V1 - Legal Description of property
- V1 - BM1985/pg1806-1807 - current plat of property
- V1 - Comments SUMMARY - READ FIRST
- V1 - Comments PLANNING-WITHERSRAVENEL - Memo
- V1 - Comments PLANNING-WITHERSRAVENEL - Mark-ups
- V1 - Comments ENGINEERING - Memo
- V1 - Comments ENGINEERING - Mark-ups
- V3 - REvised Application - change to NC-CZ District request
- V3 - Response to V2 Comments
- V3 - Neighborhood Meeting Summary notes
- V3 - Revised Concept Plan dated 02-27-2023
- V3 - Conditions of Approval (1st submittal)
- V3 - Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) dated February 2023 by RKA
- V3 - Comments SUMMARY (No attachments)
On August 1, 2023, the Town Board of Commissioners voted unanimously (5-0) to move the Public Hearing and review of ANX-23-02 and MA 22-05, 1216 Rolesville Road Voluntary Annexation and Rezoning Map Amendment, to the November 8, 2023 Town Board of Commissioners meeting. Please review the Agenda Packet when published prior to that meeting at this website: https://www.rolesvillenc.gov/agendas-minutes .
On Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 5:30 PM the applicant for ANX-23-02 and MA 22-05 (Voluntary Annexation petition and Map Amendment aka Rezoning application), Optimal Equity/Development LLC, will hold a Neighborhood meeting on these development Applications.
On April 24, 2023 at 7:00 PM., the Planning Board voted unanimously on a motion to recommend approval to the Town Board of Commissioners of ANX 23-02 and MA 22-05 with two additional Zoning Conditions of Approval that were offered by the Applicant at the meeting; (1). Look into if there is a way to move the retail building from the South side to the North side of the property pending the location of the street stub; (2). Identify if a Town Center or Plaza may be created on the property.
A Voluntary Annexation petition (ANX 23-02) and Map Amendment Rezoning application (MA 22-05) will be presented for review and recommendation to the Planning Board on April 24, 2023 at 7:00 PM.
On Monday, June 6, 2022 at 5:30 PM the applicant for MA 22-05 (Map Amendment aka Rezoning), Optimal Equity/Development LLC, will hold a Neighborhood meeting:
Meeting Location: 1021 Forestville Road, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Wake Forest, NC 27587.
Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/fGESQQeu6jJB4qe49
The subject property is 1216 Rolesville Road, being proposed for rezoning to the Neighborhood Center (NC) District with Conditions, and subject to a concept plan. The latest Concept plan can be found here.