5109 Mitchell Mill
**All application reviews subject to the Land Development Ordinance (LDO).
ANX 22-03 - Voluntary Annexation petition for 139.054 acres from Wake County jurisdiction into the Town limits. 1st Submittal reviewed during MARCH 2022; Comments published 04/05/2022. On 06/07/22, the Town Board asked the Town Clerk to investigate the sufficiency of the petition. On 10/04/22, the Town Board called for a public hearing to occur on 11/01/2022. On 11/01/2022, the Town Board conducted a public hearing and considered the annexation petition; the public hearing was continued until January 17, 2023. On January 17, 2023, the Town Board continued and then closed the public hearing, and on a motion to Approve ANX 22-03, voted 4-0-1 (Sneed absent).
MA 22-06 - Map Amendment (Rezoning) for 139.054 acres from Wake County R-30 District to Neighborhood Center-Conditional Zoning District (NC-CZ), with proposed Conditions of Approval and a Concept Plan.
- 1st Submittal reviewed during MARCH 2022; Comments published 04/05/2022.
- 2nd Submittal reviewed during MAY 2022; Comments published 06/06/2022.
*** 05-19-22 - Revised Conditions provided and uploaded.
- Neighborhood Meeting held 06-20-2022. There were no attendees at the online ZOOM Meeting.
- 3rd Submittal reviewed during JULY 2022: Comments published on 08/05/2022.
- 4th Submittal - revised Conditions (10/17/22), Concept Plan (10/19/22), and Zoning District survey (2/11/22).
- Final Report of TIA - dated August 2022.
- Planning Board - On September 26, 2022, the Application was presented for review and recommendation, and the Planning Board unanimously recommended approval to the Town Board, with a condition that the project investigate further means on connecting the commercial area to the development on the east side of Jonesville Road.
- Town Board of Commissioners - On November 1, 2022, the Application was presented to the Town Board and a Public Hearing conducted; the public hearing and further deliberation/action were postponed until the Boards January 17, 2023 meeting.
- 12-16-2022 - Revised Conditions and Exhibits submitted (dated 12-16-2022).
- On January 17, 2023, the Town Board of Commissioners continued the Public Hearing opened on November 1, 2022; Staff and Applicant presentations were made, which included detailing the revised proposed Conditions of Approval; several members of the public made public comments; Board members asked question of the Applicant, and several conditions were agreed to be revised/changed; the public hearing was closed. On a motion to Approve MA 22-06 as presented (including condition revisions per the conversation), the Board voted 4-0-1 (Sneed absent). The Board also made a motion to Approve a Consistency Statement, and voted 4-0-1 (Sneed absent).
- V1 - Application
- V1 - Exhibit C - Rezoning request Letter
- V1 - Exhibit D - Proposed Conditions of Approval
- V1 - Exhibit D - Concept Plan
- V1 - Entire submittal combined
- V1 - Comments SUMMARY - READ FIRST
- V1-Comments PLANNING-WITHERSRAVENEL - Memo
- V1 - Comments OPEN SPACE GREENWAYS COMMITTEE - Memo
- V1 - Comments ENGINEERING - Memo
- V1 - Comments ENGINEERING - Mark-up of Concept Plan
- V2 - Response to V1 Comments
- V2 - Revised Concept Plan
- V2 - TIA dated January 2022
- V2- NCDOT Congestion Mgmt Section TIA Report
- V2 - Proposed Conditions - No Date - provided 5-19-22
- V2-Comments-PLANNING-WITHERSRAVENEL - Memo dated 6-1-22
- V2 - Comments-SUMMARY - READ FIRST
- V2 - Comments-PARKS - Concept Plan mark-up
- V2 - Comments-PARKS - Bike Network map
- V3 - Response to V2 Comments
- V3 - Conditions of Approval Proposed - revised dated 05-16-2022
- V3 - Rezoning Concept Plan revision dated 07-01-2022
- V3 - Comments SUMMARY - READ FIRST
- V3 - Comments-PLNG-WITHERSRAVENEL - Memo dated 7-29-22
- V3 - Comments-PLNG-WITHERSRAVENEL - Mark-ups
- V3 - Comments-ENGINEERING - Memo (no further comments)
The developer/applicant for Map Amendment (Rezoning) application MA 22-06 will conduct another Neighborhood Meeting on December 8th, 2022 at 6:00 PM via the ZOOM online meeting platform. The Applicant mailed letters to adjacent property owners. Below is the information for the meeting provided by the Applicant:
The Meeting ID is 899 9906 4775
The passcode is 133058.
*Alternatively, access via telephone to United States: 1-646-931-3860 and entering Meeting ID: 899 9906 4775 # and entering the Passcode 133058 # when prompted to do so.
Application contact is Beth Trahos with Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP - 919.329.3884 or at email@example.com.
Map Amendment (Rezoning) MA 22-06 will be presented to the Town Board of Commissioners for a Public Hearing and consideration beginning at 7:00PM at Town Hall. Find more information here: https://www.rolesvillenc.gov/agendas-minutes - select Town Board, then find the 11/01/2022 Agenda and Agenda packet links.
Map Amendment (Rezoning) MA 22-06 will be presented to the Planning Board for review and recommendation beginning at 6:00PM at Town Hall. Find more information here: https://www.rolesvillenc.gov/agendas-minutes - select Planning Board, then find the 09/26/2022 Agenda and Agenda packet links.
The applicant and developer, Hopper Communities, will hold an online ZOOM Neighborhood Meeting on June 20th, 2022 at 6pm - see the link and access information below. MA 22-06 proposes to rezone approximately 140 acres for development of up to 398 single-family dwelling units (a maximum of 134 of the 398 units may be townhomes) with associated public streets, open spaces, and recreational amenities.
- The Meeting ID is 872 7589 3223.
- The passcode is 150583.
- Alternatively, you can also dial in: 1-646-558-8656 / enter Meeting ID: 87275893223# / enter Passcode 150583# when
prompted to do so.
- Contact person: Beth Trahos - 919.329.3884 / firstname.lastname@example.org